The ROBA Split Belt principle is used for the sanding of flat and profiled surfaces, optimized for lacquer sanding.
The brush belt sanding system for optimal processing in the areas of:
- Intermediate lacquer sanding
- White wood sanding
- MDF sanding
Due to the innovative sanding method the ROBA Split Belt offers for all these areas optimal prerequisites for best surface quality.
Lacquer sanding is a very difficult task in the field of production of furniture and furniture components. Many factors have an influence on a desired result and only the combination of the correct aggregate and abrasives configuration, in conjunction with certain programmable sanding parameters can offer a perfect result.
MB Maschinenbau has bundled many years of experience in lacquer sanding in the ROBA Split Belt line and developed a machine that meets these high expectations.
Based on the ROBA Tech philosophy that only a large sanding area provides enough performance for best results, MB developed the “Split Belt” sanding aggregate. This combines the advantages of a large sanding area in contact with the work piece, while working with and against the part transport direction. An additional possibility to oscillate the split belt unit with up to 30 ° helps to optimize the result.
In conjunction with the for lacquer sanding optimized MB Superflex brushes, the Split Belt unit, placed at the machine exit, is responsible for the final finish in the longitudinal direction.
Since most work pieces need a cross processing to sand the millings transversal to the transport direction, as well as the right and left edges, two cross belt sanding units are placed at the machine entrance.
Having a processing width of 200mm each, the first cross unit works from right to left, while the second from left to right. This ensures a perfect sanding of all transversal grooves and longitudinal edges.
The combination of transverse and longitudinal sanding in one machine thus enables a smooth and effective processing in all areas.
On request the machine can be equipped with a pressure roller system and a cleaning aggregate at the machine end.
Advantages of the ROBA Split Belt principle summarized:
- Large abrasive quantities allow low sanding speeds at better effectiveness.
- Optimized solution for lacquer/sealer sanding
- A splitted sanding belt in conjunction with two cross belt aggregates guarantee a uniform sanding in four directions
- Free PLC programmable sanding parameters to optimize results
- A optimized vacuum transport system guarantees the secure transport of even small parts
- On request the machine can be equipped with a pressure roller system and cleaning unit
- A gentle “pulling” sanding avoids wavy surfaces and penetrates deeply into the milled grooves.
- Abrasive configuration is freely selectable from the MB Flex system.