The patented Roba Tech principle is used for the sanding of flat and profiled surfaced.
The rotational brush belt sanding system for optimal processing in the areas of:
- Intermediate lacquer sanding
- White wood sanding
- MDF sanding
Due to its innovative sanding method the Roba Tech offers for all these areas optimal prerequisites for best surface quality.
The main idea of the Roba Tech principle is to avoid the main disadvantage of all today known drum based brush sanding machines: Those who work normally with sanding drum with a diameter of about 310 mm are only in a very small area in touch with the work piece, about 30 mm. Only in the vertex of the circle circumference of the tool a sanding process is possible. To compensate the very small sanding area normal sanding systems have to increase their rotation speed to a high level. Only this way they have a chance to get nearly the same effectiveness. But this results a “hard touch” of the sanding paper which leads to an aggressive behavior on the edges, high temperatures and wavy optic of the material. Hurt edges and totally denibbed surfaces are often the result. The innovative and patented Roba Tech is equipped with a totally new developed sanding belt containing 174 sanding strips and provides a sanding area of approx. 1300 x 1500 mm in touch with the work piece and more than 250 meters of sanding material on all aggregates. This is unique in the market of brush sanding machines. A 360 ° rotation of the sanding aggregate over the work piece makes it possible to reach all edges and corners of a work piece. Due to the by this means enlarged sanding effectiveness the machine is able to get best cutting results at lowest rotation speeds. As a result of this, low movement speeds allow the sanding strips slide gently into the milled grooves and sand them every effective. Many by PLC adjustable sanding options help the operator to set the machine to his special sanding requirements.
Advantages of the Roba Tech principle summarized:
- Large abrasives quantities make low movement speeds possible, at better effectiveness.
- The rotational sanding head with a large sanding area ensures a consistent sanding in all work piece areas.
- Free PLC programmable sanding parameter to optimize results.
- A perfected vacuum system guarantees that even drawers can be transported safely.
- A “pulling” sanding avoids wavy surfaces and penetrates deeply into the milled grooves.
- The low sanding speed guarantees long abrasive lifespan because the sanding segments do not hit the work piece edges that hard.
- Abrasive configuration is freely selectable from the MB Flex system.
Request InformationClick to toggle